Conference presentations are available to conference attendees after the conclusion of the program. To access the presentations, log in with the user name and password provided in your on-site materials. Forgot your log in? Just call 800-864-2063!
If you are feeling “in the dark” about what is in store for employer-sponsored benefit plans, you are not alone. However, keeping your plans on track—despite the changing environment—has never been more critical.
The Baltimore Mid-Sized Retirement & Healthcare Plan Management Conference helped attendees identify and conquer current and upcoming benefit plan management challenges. With more than 40 in-depth workshops, strategic, big-picture keynote sessions, and ample opportunities for meaningful networking with colleagues, attendees were able to to return to their office enlightened and energized—and ready to meet their plan management challenges head on.
The Baltimore conference offered:
- A non-tradeshow environment that restricted registration exclusively to employers
- 40+ workshops to choose from, covering the most critical retirement and health and welfare topics
- Strategic, big-picture keynote sessions
- Access to the 2017 Washington Insider Pass
- Continuing education credits through HRCI, SHRM and WorldatWork, as well as CPEs for CPAs
- Value-added, pre-conference sessions including:
- In-depth discussions addressing the full scope of regulatory, economic, demographic and communication issues that affect employee benefit plans
- Ideas and solutions that provided immediate return on participants’ investment of time and money
- Small group sessions that promoted idea sharing and real world case studies on topics such as wellness programs, specialty drugs, effective retirement plan committees, consumer-driven plans, private exchanges and more
- Speakers that included leading industry professionals and consultants, fellow benefits practitioners, and top benefits attorneys
- Emphasis on experience-based, proven benefits solutions in the following categories:
If you are interested in learning more about sponsorship opportunities for other conferences, please contact us.
- Best Practices for an Effective Retirement Plan CommitteeSara R. Matlock, SWBC Investment Advisory Services
- Countering the Ever-Increasing Cost of Specialty DrugsGregory I. Madsen, Innovative Rx Strategies, LLC
- Evolution of a Wellness Program: Design, Implementation and BeyondYvette M. Walker, The Gorilla Glue Company
- Fiduciary Issues Associated with Evaluating and Selecting Target Date FundsMichael E. Falcone, NFPBrian Roberts, NFP
- Fifteen Shortcuts to Fiduciary ComplianceIan S. Kopelman, J.D., DLA Piper US LLP
- Implementing a Successful On-Site Health & Wellness Center: From A to ZSherri L. Samuels-Fuerst, R.N., Sargento Foods Inc.
- Increasing the Effectiveness of Your Healthcare Benefits CommunicationJulie M. Adamik, Benefits Expert & Strategist
- Influencing Employees Now: How Small Behavioral Changes Can Help Your Employees Save More for RetirementRandy Gardner, J.D., The Horace Mann Companies
- Lessons Learned from Retirement Plan Litigation—Are You Asking the Right Questions?Richard T. Allison, SWBC Investment Advisory Services
- Leveraging Health Savings Accounts for Healthcare and RetirementRoy J. Ramthun, HSA Consulting Services
- Making Employee Health Education a Corporate PrioritySherri L. Samuels-Fuerst, R.N., Sargento Foods Inc.
- Plan Sponsor Review: A Mid-Sized Plan Case StudyJulie M. Adamik, Benefits Expert & StrategistRobert J. Foley, Mutual of Omaha Insurance CompanySherri L. Samuels-Fuerst, R.N., Sargento Foods Inc.
- Preparing for Your Annual Employee Benefit Plan AuditTheresa Banka, Plante MoranKimber L. Smail-Benedict, Plante MoranLaura Taylor, Plante Moran
- Reducing the Cost of Health PlansRobert J. Foley, Mutual of Omaha Insurance Company
- Retirement Plan Fees—Maximizing Provider NegotiationsMichael E. Falcone, NFPKameron Jones, NFP
- Retirement Readiness and the Bottom LineTargol M. Emanuel, MassMutual Retirement Services
- Self-Funding 101: What You Need to Know When Considering a Self-Funded PlanDean M. Hoffman, Dean M. Hoffman, LLC
What You Need to Know About Stop Loss Contracts
and UnderwritingDean M. Hoffman, Dean M. Hoffman, LLC
- Surviving a DOL AuditJodi H. Epstein, J.D., Ivins, Phillips & BarkerSpencer F. Walters, J.D., Ivins, Phillips & Barker
- What to Expect for Pharmacy and Drug Cost Trends for 2017Gregory I. Madsen, Innovative Rx Strategies, LLC
- What to Expect When You’re Requesting: Investment Advisor RFPs and
Due DiligenceBradley D. Ferguson, SWBC Investment Advisory Services