Conference presentations are available to conference attendees after the conclusion of the program. To access the presentations, log in with the username and password provided in your on-site materials. Forgot your login? Just call 800-864-2063!
The election is over and one thing everyone can agree on is that we entered an unprecedented season of change. The benefits industry was just beginning to digest the potential transformation, including the repeal and replacement of the ACA, withdrawal of the DOL’s fiduciary rule and overhauls of various employment and labor laws, among many others. Meanwhile, controlling costs, employee retirement savings, communication, engagement, and keeping your plans compliant with current laws was still paramount concerns for employers.
The Mid-Sized Retirement & Healthcare Plan Management Conference provided an opportunity for attendees to connect with industry leaders, benefits experts and peers for up-to-date information so they can make the best decisions for their plans moving forward. This conference was pre-approved for 15 HRCI and SHRM Credit Hours. WorldatWork credits are also available, as are CPEs for CPAs.
Participants enjoyed this conference which featured real-world, solution-focused, results-driven elements such as:
- A non-tradeshow environment that restricts registration exclusively to employers
- 40+ workshops to choose from, covering the most critical retirement and health and welfare topics
- Strategic, big-picture keynote sessions
- Access to the 2017 Washington Insider Pass
- Continuing education credits through HRCI, SHRM and WorldatWork, as well as CPEs for CPAs
- Value-added, pre-conference sessions including:
- Fiduciary Obligations Under ERISA
- Self-Funding Workshop: Basic Concepts Through Advanced Strategies
- Retirement Plan Check-Up: Diagnostic Tools to Keep Your Plan at Optimal Performance
- In-depth discussions addressing the full scope of regulatory, economic, demographic and communication issues that affect employee benefit plans
- Ideas and solutions that provide immediate return on participants’ investment of time and money
- Small group sessions promote idea sharing and real world case studies on topics such as compliance updates, wellness programs, specialty drugs, effective retirement committees, cost saving techniques, communication success stories and more
- Speakers that include leading industry professionals and consultants, fellow benefits practitioners, and top benefits attorneys
- Emphasis on experience-based, proven benefits solutions in the following categories:
If you are interested in learning more about sponsorship opportunities for future conferences, please contact us.
- Become a Chief Operating Trouble Maker and Define True LeadershipJill A. Kopanis, Dynamic Dies, Inc.
- Best Practices for an Effective Retirement Plan CommitteeSara R. Matlock, SWBC Investment Advisory Services
- Best Practices for Proactively Managing Retirement Plan FeesEdward A. Wagner, SageView Advisory Group
- Case Study: Building an Award-Winning Wellness Program from the Ground Up!Tanya Gonzalez, Southwest Key ProgramsStephanie L. Hawkins, Southwest Key Programs
- Countering the Ever-Increasing Cost of Specialty DrugsGregory I. Madsen, Innovative Rx Strategies, LLCMichael J. Staab, J.D., Innovative Rx Strategies, LLC
- Fiduciary Issues Associated with Evaluating and Selecting Target Date FundsMichael E. Falcone, NFPBrian Roberts, NFP
- Fifteen Shortcuts to Fiduciary ComplianceIan S. Kopelman, J.D., DLA Piper US LLP
- How to Drive Effective Participant OutcomesBradley D. Ferguson, SWBC Investment Advisory Services
- Increasing the Effectiveness of Your Healthcare Benefits CommunicationJulie M. Adamik, Benefits Expert & Strategist
- Pay or Play Strategies: Evaluating Employer Compensation AdjustmentsElliot N. Dinkin, Cowden Associates, Inc.
- Pay or Play Strategies: Evaluating Health Plan Defined Contribution AdministrationLesa M. Votovich, Cowden Associates, Inc.
- Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is: Control Rising Medical Costs with Effective Communication!Jill A. Kopanis, Dynamic Dies, Inc.
- Retirement Readiness and the Bottom LineMelissa Mueller, MassMutual Retirement Services
- Self-Funding: What You Need to Know About Stop Loss Contracts and UnderwritingDean M. Hoffman, Dean M. Hoffman, LLC
- Staying Compliant with the ADAKevin Harlow, DLA Piper US LLP
- Strategies in Corporate Wellness: Design, Implementation and BeyondJustin R. Cruger, VIA Metropolitan Transit
- The Art of the RFPLaurie A. Brednich, HR Company Store
- The Evolution of On-Site Health ClinicsGary R. Williams, Mount Vernon Mills, Inc.
- The Intersection of Wellness, Wearables and TechnologyJustin R. Cruger, VIA Metropolitan Transit
- What to Expect for Pharmacy and Drug Cost Trends for 2017Gregory I. Madsen, Innovative Rx Strategies, LLCMichael J. Staab, J.D., Innovative Rx Strategies, LLC