A Proven Track Record
For 30 years, University Conference Services (UCS) has partnered with major universities to produce high quality executive development conferences for human resource, benefits and finance executives from mid-sized employers. Today, our Mid-Sized Retirement & Healthcare Plan Management Conferences are produced in conjunction with the Kenan-Flagler Business School at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, one of the country’s most respected business schools.
What Sets Our Employer-Sponsored Benefits Conferences Apart
This annual series of four highly regarded programs focuses specifically on issues critical to managing employer-provided healthcare and retirement benefits—the two most important benefits programs for attracting and retaining talent. An overwhelming majority of past attendees—99%—say they would recommend our programs to a colleague.
Our conferences provide a professional development experience unlike any other in the employer-provided benefits industry and offer:
- An educational approach to benefit plan management featuring 45+ workshops, with an emphasis on experience-based, real-world solutions
- A focus on information that employers can use immediately to control healthcare costs, improve employee engagement and retirement readiness, streamline administration, comply with ERISA, ACA, HIPAA and other federal regulations and align benefits programs with organizational goals
- Small group sessions that provide unparalleled access to industry experts, innovators, regulators and other benefits practitioners
- A non-tradeshow environment that focuses on learning and idea sharing—not products or services
- A restricted registration policy that limits registration exclusively to employers and plan sponsors to ensure the educational integrity of the program
Free webinars and our online Resource Center with links to important benefits research, surveys, white papers and regulatory agencies such as the DOL, EBSA and the IRS complement our live conferences.
A History of Excellence
University Conference Services and the Kenan-Flagler Business School first partnered on employer-provided benefits education in 1993 with our Mid-Sized Retirement & Pension Plan Management Conferences. Building on the success of that series, we introduced a companion set of conferences in 1999—our Health and Welfare Plan Management for Mid-Sized Employers.
On the recommendation of our Plan Sponsor Advisory Council, UCS introduced our Mid-Sized Retirement & Healthcare Plan Management Conferences in 2012. This combined format provides benefits practitioners at mid-sized employers — many of whom have responsibility for managing both healthcare and retirement benefits plans—with an unbiased, time and money-saving source for staying abreast of all of the challenges confronting their benefits plans.